This is one of the famous landmarks in Sri Lanka that the guide proudly shared that Queen Elizabeth remarked that it was the most beautiful botanical garden that is 2nd to none. Hm... The visit was more than 50 years ago.
Saw some interesting stuff :)
1. This is the flower of the "Crown of Napoleon"
3. A female coconut tree that bears fruits with the male coconut tree deliberately planted beside it, to aid pollination by insects.
4. A tree planted by the British royalties.
5. Here's the "mother-in-law tongues"
6. The visit to the botanical garden ended with very beautiful landscaping :)